Having properly working brakes is essential to a safe vehicle. It is important to ensure that your brakes are well maintained and regularly inspected so that you never find yourself in a dangerous situation while driving. Here at Coogler’s Auto Repair, we are here to help when you need brake repair in Santa Rosa, CA. We offer a comprehensive range of both repairs and services for brake systems on all makes and models of vehicles.
Our family owned and operated brake repair shop is staffed with highly skilled ASE certified technicians who are dedicated to providing our community with outstanding customer service. When you bring your vehicle into our shop for a brake repair or service, you can trust that your vehicle will be handled with the utmost care and will be repaired correctly the first time around. Our technicians only utilize state-of-the-art equipment and the highest quality parts to ensure the best possible service.
Symptoms that can indicate you may be due for brake repair or service include:
- Grinding or squealing noises when braking
- Vibrating brake pedal
- Brake pedal feel spongy or needs to be “pumped”
- Brake pedal is sitting low and needs to be pushed to the floor
- Brake warning light is on
- Decrease in brake performance (takes you longer to brake than normal)
As soon as you notice an issue with your vehicle’s brake system, we invite you into our professionals here at Coogler’s Auto Repair. Our technicians will perform a proper inspection of your vehicle’s brake system to pinpoint any repairs or services you may need to restore your vehicle. We warranty our work here at our shop and we stand behind each of our repairs with character, honor, and integrity.
While we get your vehicle safe again, we offer a safe and comfortable waiting area for you to enjoy that includes beverages, snacks, gaming stations and a spread of toys for the little ones. We also offer a complimentary local shuttle service, loaner cars and have pick up and drop off services available.
When you need brake repair in Santa Rosa, CA, give us a call here at Coogler’s Auto Repair or use our online appointment form to schedule your next visit today!
Brake and lamp inspections
At Coogler’s Auto Repair in Santa Rosa, CA, we are a DMV certified brake and lamp inspection station. In California, the DMV requires that salvaged or junked vehicles are properly inspected for safe operation before being retitled. Important components such as the brakes and headlights need to be in good working condition in order for your vehicle to be approved for registration.
Our state-licensed brake and lamp inspection station will conduct a thorough inspection of your previously salvaged or junked vehicle and issue you a certificate to present to the DMV in order for the vehicle to then be legally registered. If you need an official brake and lamp inspection performed, we invite you into our shop today!
The following needs to be verified during our inspection in order for you to receive a certificate:
- Brake pads or shoes must have no less than 50% thickness remaining
- Brake drums and rotors must have measurements that match manufacturer recommendations
- Braking hardware must be installed correctly and working properly
- Inspect hydraulic system for leaks
- Ensure there are no leaks or cracks in hoses
- Test brake warning light for operation
- Ensure that emergency brake can hold vehicle on 6% grade
- Check that suspension system component are in good condition and shocks and strutsaren’t worn
- Proper wheel alignment
- Both headlights and tail lights illuminate properly and are in good working order
- All lenses and reflectors are intact and have no cracks
- No damage to headlight aiming pads
- Inspect that all of the following are in good working order: license plate lamps, brake lamps, backup lamps, marker lamps, turn signals, high beams, and warning lamps
- No damage that interferes with the visibility of lamps
A brake and lamp inspection is typically required for reinstating a salvaged vehicle, but can also be needed for other reasons which including:
- A CHP citation due to lamp/brake defect
- When purchasing a used vehicle to ensure proper working condition
If you need a brake and lamp DMV inspection in Santa Rosa, CA, give us a call here at Coolger’s Auto Repair or use our online appointment form to schedule your next visit today!